Monday, April 29, 2013

Week One...and Done!

6FIT Week 1 is over!  I will admit, I really loved week one.  Cardio week, leafy greens week and water week...for me, they all went really well together.

I logged 10 miles of cardio: a hike with my daughter, double stroller hill torture runs, single stroller runs and finally a solo run yesterday where I broke a personal record and felt really proud of everything I accomplished in the past week.

Here I am after my final Cardio Week Run, sporting my DanceFIT Studio gear, of course!


I participated in 10 Virtual Skype classes, including a new class where I got to be a Rockette for 45 minutes--it was amazing!  Saturday was my rest day, and boy did I need it.  My muscles were sore and I felt physically exhausted.  It was a welcome day off.  I spent the day with my daughter...we went to see Elmo Live and then to a BBQ at my brother's house.  The weather was beautiful and it was just a great day.  My husband was away all week so it was jut me and the kiddos.  Surprisingly, I did OK...no major anxiety attacks and the babies behaved themselves (for the most part)...I feel like super mom!

As for water, I averaged about 75oz a day...I learned that when I wanted to snack, stop and sip some water first.  The phantom hunger went away.  What a concept! I will admit, there were a few nights that I realllly wanted a glass (or 3) of wine.  I went out with my girlfriends on Thursday and used the 80/20 rule.  I had a salad and some wine.  I resisted the fries and dessert.  It was a special treat.

My meals were FILLED with leafy greens.  Almost every single meal I ate last week contained at least 2 cups of spinach, kale or both.  I felt really healthy all week.

Here are a few pictures of my meals this week:
Salmon over quinoa and spinach with a side of broccoli 
BBQ Tofu/Kale/Quinoa Bowl


Shrimp, asparagus, zucchini over spaghetti squash
Last min meal:sauteed spinach, asparagus, pine nuts, spaghetti squash and chicken


Lettuce wraps with roasted chicken and tomatoes for lunch

Cardio Week might be over, but I have signed up for a training plan via Run Keeper so I am going to stick to my overall 6FIT goals that were set before I even started and get more cardio into my life.  Now I just have to get over my fear of running by myself in the morning!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work this week, Katrina! You rocked it with all the running. Check out Moms Run This Town. There might be a chapter local to you where you could find some running buddies for those morning runs. City Sports and Marathon Sports all have run clubs. Those are great places to look for people to run with too. Also it is pretty light out at 5:30am now. It may not be as bad as you think or you can do what I have done in the past. Call the husband as you leave and have him keep the phone on (but not talking to one another) so at least you don't feel alone and someone would hear you if something happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just seeing this Nicole! That's a great idea. Although my husband sleeps like the dead...I would be better off giving the phone to Caoimhe!

      Delete