Sunday, April 14, 2013

More Hours Needed

Ok friends.  The time has come for this Mama to get back to work.  I am just going to write this blog as if I 100% have a new job because I need to keep the positive thinking up! With any luck, I will be going back to work by the end of the month.  I have been at home with Caoimhe for a year and my little man for 6 months now.  We have a good routine going.  I have time to think about what I am going to make for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day, I am able to workout in the middle of the morning while the baby naps and C is running around and most nights I am able to get everything done before my evening workouts.  For the most part, I feel like I have the "work life balance" thing under control, but being out of the home after so long is going be hard for me and I tend to easily get overwhelmed. Never mind missing my babies, but that is a whole other story.

Now, when I go back to work my schedule is going to look something like this:

5AM- wake up, shower, get ready for work
6AM- leave for work
7AM-4PM - work
5PM- 7:15PM- Get home, dinner, play with kids, bedtime routine
7:30-9:30PM- Workouts
9:30-10:30PM Relax with hubby
10:30PM- Sleep!

So that schedule takes care of the daily necessities right? Work, commute, kid time, me time, hubby time, sleep.

WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE?? Laundry, nutritious meals for all of us, grocery shopping, cleaning?  I need sleep.  I can't give up sleep...I barely have any as it is.  Why are there not more hours in the day?

So, I have been thinking of things I can do in order to try and simplify my days during the week.
The actual ideas are good, but I have no idea how to make them real...that's where you come in.  I need help!  Ideas, recipes, advice from other busy parents...SOS!

Here's what I've come up with:

  • Meal Planning- for both dinner and lunches.  The kids are not a problem, but for instance- can we make a full weeks worth of sandwiches for my husband's lunch?  What can I make ahead of time for breakfast and lunch for myself to take with me to work for the week?  I usually eat sauteed kale and veggies for breakfast.  What about dinner?  I want to make nutritious dinners for my family, but I don't want to spend the whole night making it when I could be playing with the babies instead.  I am a fan of the crockpot, but I can't use it every night...am I making any sense? 
  • Food Prep-  Preferably, I like to eat meals fresh, but I feel like if I have everything I need ready to go cooking won't take as long. 
  • PeaPod...I really might just give in and have all of my major groceries delivered.  I feel like this is going to take a lot of pressure off. The only thing is that I have some control issues and a little bit of OCD so not being able to pick out my own produce and meat is going to bother me.  Does anyone else use this service?  
  • Take advantage of my Rest Day.  I am going to try to not twitch when I see laundry piled up or toys all over the place and just SLOW DOWN and enjoy the time I have with my family that day.  
Spring 6FIT with DanceFIT Studio is 1 week away.  I need to make a list...I need to start planning!  Listed below are a few blogs that I have found with great meal plans and ideas, but how do I actually implement them into my daily routine? How do I start this new routine?  


Deep down, I know everything will get done, everyone will be happy and we will have a good balance, but seriously- I would kill for maybe 5 more hours a day.  That would really help, wouldn't it? 







No comments:

Post a Comment