Friday, May 17, 2013

32

Well, I turned 32 yesterday.  Such an uneventful age.  I actually had to stop and think about how old I was this year a couple times because after the big 3-0, who really cares? Haha...not me! As uneventful as this age is for me, I was reflecting on all the things I am grateful for.  This last year has been both challenging and immensely happy.  Here is my sappy list of everything I am grateful for:


  • This guy:  


    My amazing hubby and Daddy to my babies.  He works so hard for our family and never, ever complains about it.  Even though he does stuff like falls asleep after I have just given birth to a giant baby, I still love him.


  • My sassy little lady.  She keeps me on my toes and has a heart of gold.  She is the best big sis a boy could ask for.   Love her to pieces. 


  • My Little Big Man.  An unexpected miracle that I am eternally grateful for every single day.  He is the light of my life.



  • My fam, obvs.  They are all mucho supportive and I don't know what I would do without them.  My parents opened their home to me, my 2 kids, my dog and my hubby while we get our feet back on the ground after a challenging year and start the house hunting process. 
  • My sissy.  My bestest friend on the planet.  We have come a long, long way...  

  • My friends!  After 32 years I am happy to say that I have a few really great relationships with old friends.  I don't see them often, but when I do I treasure the time.  <3 you ladies! 
  • My sister from another mister.  We've grown up together, broken up together and gotten back together.  Our babies are best friends and 30 years later, we get to watch them grow up together too. Amazingly beautiful.  
  • Coffee and under-eye concealer.  As much as T is the light of my life during the day...at night I would like the light turned off!  He just wants to snuggle. 
  • Gina Fay and her beautiful DanceFIT Studio creation.  It was her dream that got me out of my fitness rut and at the same time got me actually hooked on clean and healthy eating and hooked on fitness.  For that I will be eternally grateful. 
  • DanceFIT also created a program for teeny tiny ballerinas and helped to introduce my daughter to the wonderful world of dance.  
  • Scarves.  Trivial, yes, but my signature accessory.  I heart them.  
  • Mount Auburn Hospital and the doctors and nurses that cared for me and my babies while we were there.  I think about them all the time...probably more than I should haha.  They are fabulous though and I was lucky to have the same delivery nurse who actually remembered me.  My nurses were my lifeline, especially when C had to stay a few extra days without me.  They hold a very special place in my heart. 
  • A new job, a new beginning.  As much as I loved being home with the kiddos, I thrive when I am contributing outside the home as well.  I am very thankful to have started new opportunity.
  • Spring, the last few weeks in general.  Of the entire year, they are my favorite.  The flowers are in bloom and everywhere I look I am reminded of my beautiful Gram with lilacs blowing in the wind. 
  • Skype and Facetime.  Amazing technology that has allowed C+T's family in Ireland watch them grow, allowed us to watch our baby niece and nephew grow, When one of us is away, we can still say goodnight and read stories or sing songs and my sister can eat dinner with her niece when ever she wants...all the way from NYC.   

    That's enough of that.  So many other things too, but I need to get back to work!  

    I will leave you with this and hope you can somehow find the time to fit it into your day: 




2 comments: